Fall District Meetings 2021
Join fellow members and association leaders at your district's virtual Fall District Meeting! We will address unprecedented critical issues such as school safety, collective bargaining, health care, teacher pensions, and the future of public education in Vermont. This meeting is free and open to all members.
Road Map to Racial Equity
A Virtual Workshop Series with Nikkia Young, PhD
Vermont-NEA is excited to offer a unique opportunity for Vermont-NEA educators and other partners to cultivate the racial equity knowledge, grounding, skills and interpersonal dexterity needed to transform personal, professional and institutional practice.
Organizing for the Schools our Students Deserve
Develop the skills and strategies to make positive change in your workplace!
In this 6-part series, we will examine real-world examples of successful organizing campaigns that made a difference in the lives of Vermont public school employees and students and learn how to apply the same skills and strategies in your local context.
Retirement With Security Seminars, 2021-2022
For the 20th straight year, Vermont-NEA, in collaboration with the Vermont State Teachers’ Retirement System, NEA Member Benefits, and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Vermont, is sponsoring free, intensive, and informative workshops on how you can plan for your retirement.
Welcome to the Vermont-NEA
"The Union of Vermont Educators"
Vermont-NEA is the largest union in the state, with more than 12,000 members. But we're more than just a union -- we're a voice for the men and women who are in our classrooms every day, giving their all to ensure a bright future for our state's children. We want to know why you belong -- and why you joined. Please take a moment and let us know.
Thanks for belonging. Thanks for being an educator. And thanks for doing what you do every day to keep our local public schools Vermont's most important resource.
- Apr 02 2021
- State’s Largest Union Applauds House Speaker’s Decision to Pause Pension Proposal ... Read More
- Mar 24 2021
- House Speaker’s Pension Proposal Begs the Question: Whose Side Are You On? ... Read More
- Mar 02 2021
- Allowing Educators to Receive COVID Vaccinations Ends Months of Uncertainty ... Read More
- Jul 30 2020
- Resumption of Schools Requires Phased-In Approach Vermont-NEA issues detailed roadmap to ensure safety for students, educators, communities MONTPELIER – The union representing Vermont’s educators today released details of its phased-in approach ... Read More
- Jul 28 2020
- Governor’s Order Good First Step in Safe Return to School Extra time should lead to phased-in approach to upcoming school year MONTPELIER – Gov. Phil Scott’s order to delay resumption of instruction until at least Sept. 8 is a good first step in... Read More
- October 27th 04:30 pm to 06:00 pm
- On behalf of President Don Tinney and the Board of Directors, you are invited to join fellow members and association leaders at your district's virtual Fall District Meeting. We will address unprecedented critical issues such as school safety, collective bargaining, health care, teacher pensions, and the future of public education in Vermont. This meeting is free and open to all members and new members. We hope you'll be able to join us!
Organizing for the Schools Our Students Deserve, Session 2: Building an Effective Organizing Committee
- October 21st 04:30 pm to 06:00 pm
- October 7th 04:30 pm to 06:00 pm