Welcome to the Vermont-NEA
"The Union of Vermont Educators"
Vermont-NEA is the largest union in the state, with more than 12,000 members. But we're more than just a union -- we're a voice for the men and women who are in our classrooms every day, giving their all to ensure a bright future for our state's children. We want to know why you belong -- and why you joined. Please take a moment and let us know.
Thanks for belonging. Thanks for being an educator. And thanks for doing what you do every day to keep our local public schools Vermont's most important resource.
- Apr 02 2021
- State’s Largest Union Applauds House Speaker’s Decision to Pause Pension Proposal ... Read More
- Mar 24 2021
- House Speaker’s Pension Proposal Begs the Question: Whose Side Are You On? ... Read More
- Mar 02 2021
- Allowing Educators to Receive COVID Vaccinations Ends Months of Uncertainty ... Read More
- Jul 30 2020
- Resumption of Schools Requires Phased-In Approach Vermont-NEA issues detailed roadmap to ensure safety for students, educators, communities MONTPELIER – The union representing Vermont’s educators today released details of its phased-in approach ... Read More
- Jul 28 2020
- Governor’s Order Good First Step in Safe Return to School Extra time should lead to phased-in approach to upcoming school year MONTPELIER – Gov. Phil Scott’s order to delay resumption of instruction until at least Sept. 8 is a good first step in... Read More
- Jul 10 2020
- Gov. Scott Misses Mark by Scuttling Statewide Schools Reopening Commission ... Read More
- April 10th 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- At the 2019 Vermont-NEA Representative Assembly, a new business item was introduced and passed charging our Executive Committee with calling a meeting to discuss gender equity in our union. Women make up almost 80% of the membership of Vermont-NEA, yet the majority of professional positions at Vermont-NEA are held by men. Originally scheduled to take place on March 28, 2020, this meeting was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and has been rescheduled for April 10.